Wednesday, February 4, 2009

ZoomPanel: Final Review

So here's my philosophy. I don't care if a money-making opportunity doesn't make me a lot of money so long as it also doesn't take a lot of my time. ZoomPanel screws up, for me, all the way around. One would really have to have a deep love of sharing your opinions in survey form and a tremendous amount of patience for this to be worth it to you.

First of all, there are no payments involved. It is, rather, a reward system like what you may find with your credit card. And the points aren't exactly tossed around liberally, either. I got fifty points for the sign up survey and then I got ten points for the one survey that I was able to complete. That left me with "only" 940 points needed to get to the first redeemable point level of 1000. So what do you get for 1000 points that would take forever to get to? You get to select a prize from the $10 or less bucket, things like paperback novels or music downloads or $10 donations to charity.

The major problem with this (actually, just one of the many) is that to get your $10 prize it would take about 24 hours of constant survey taking. That equals out to a few pennies per hour, and then you end up with a product you probably don't really want.

I can't even begin to imagine the thought processes that would inspire someone to sign up for ZoomPanel and start shooting for the 10,000 ZoomPoints it would take to get the "48 Piece Cutlery/Kitchen Combo Set," but the word 'ignoramus' pops immediately to mind.

Even if you love taking surveys, I would find somewhere a little more useful than ZoomPanel to get your kicks. Stay away from these useless loons.

No comments: