Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bux.to Scam - The Final Review

I know that I said during my initial review of Bux.to that I knew it was taking a long time for them to pay and that I was going to wait it out for a good long time before writing a final review. I also said, however, that I suspected that they are a ponzi scheme. After having more time to think about it, I believe that calling them a ponzi scheme is a bit generous, and I'm ready to make my final review.

Here's the situation. They are luring people into buying ads and referrals. By my calculations, if people are paying for the ads that are on the site, then Bux.to should earn $7.25 with every $19.95 ad purchase. This would be an enormous profit percentage for a product. Toss in that they are charging people up to $500 to get a group of referrals (something many members do), and you'll see that these folks should be making a killing so long as everything is being run properly. So why is it that it takes them about a year or more to pay (when they pay at all)?

Simple. Either they are taking the money and running, or it is a ponzi scheme at the tipping point. To be certain, Bux.to claims that the reason for the delay in payment is that you have to be audited to be certain that you have not broken the terms of the agreement. But a year to audit it, to make sure you didn't use an automated program to earn your ten cents a day? Because that is all that they have in their ability to audit based on the terms of service. My wife audits a billion dollar company in a couple of weeks. So what exactly is their process? They claim it is proprietary. That means, knowing Bux.to, that there isn't one, and they really aren't looking at the accounts because there is no money anyway. They've either spent it or didn't have it to begin with. More than likely, they didn't have nearly enough, and then they spent it.

Bux.to is a scam. It won't get you rich, but it probably made the guy who set it up quite wealthy. I'll still let you know if I ever get paid, but that won't change the fact that they are a complete and utter scam.

No comments: