Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SurveySpot - Final Review

Last Thursday, 22 Jan 09, I signed up for SurveySpot. Less than a week later, I'm willing to call this one "done."

You really have to have a burning desire to share your opinion to get anything out of SurveySpot. Rather than get paid for surveys (supposedly they do send paying surveys out, but I didn't get any), at this site completing surveys earns you chances in various prize drawings, including the big $25,000 sweepstakes and much smaller biweekly prizes. If you have as much luck at prize drawings as I do, you can begin to understand the sense of futility here.

Essentially, you spend a great deal of time answering survey requests in your email inbox. The surveys last for, on average, around 20 minutes. That's right. Twenty minutes of answering annoying consumer questions with the payoff being a slim chance in hell at a small, bi-weekly drawing and no chance in hell at a big annual drawing.

I suppose that I could have hung around longer and found out if they ever actually sent me a paying survey, but there are numerous annoyances with SurveySpot besides the lengthy free surveys. For one thing, their website is a complete disaster, continually logging you out when you go from one section to another. There may be some small way to make a few dollars a month here, but, needless to say, I have better ways to spend my time. Hopefully you do, too.

No comments: